Welcome

Saint Patrick’s Parish was founded in 1891 by the first Parish Priest Canon George Ritchie under the authority of the Archbishop of Glasgow – His Grace the Archbishop, Charles Peter Eyre. The present Church building was erected in 1898 in the neo gothic style by Pugin & Pugin.

After the close of the Ravenscraig Steel Works and the growing unemployment in the area, many people moved from the parish to other parts of the country, the UK and around the globe.

The great sense of faith, family and community are instilled in the people of Craigneuk and Wishawhill and these are out greatest strengths.